Well, I got up today and finally decided to write about the Liebster award. Thanks to African and proud for nominating me for this awards. You should totally check out the blog here. It has got some interesting articles you wouldn’t want to miss.
The award is a way to be discovered but also to connect and support the blogging community. It is also a great idea in promoting your own blog and that of others.
Rules of The Liebster Award:
- Create a new blog with the graphic of the ward thanking the person that nominated you, link to their blog.
- Create a set of questions for your nominees to answer.
- Nominate 10 bloggers and share your blog post with them so they can accept their awards.
Aim and Objectives Liebster Award:
The Liebster Award is a blogger award for new bloggers and those with few or small followers. It’s an amazing way of giving new bloggers an opportunity to gain some recognition and encouragement for their hard works.
African and Proud’s questions and my response
1.What inspires you to write?
Generally, I write about what’s happening around me with my friends, my peers, the world at large, and I try to tap into what’s inspiring.
2.What is your greatest fear as a blogger?
My greatest fear is that someone might just like my post without actually reading it. I know some people feel reluctant reading. But there is real joy knowing that someone read every letter you put down. So anytime I get a notification that a post has been liked I always try to understand if the person read all the way through. It might sound silly, but that is my greatest fear.
3.Where do you see yourself 5 years from now in the blogosphere community?
Well, I haven’t thought about blogging in the long term. I would just continue doing it for the fun of it. But hopefully, I would have gotten more interesting ideas and my writing skills would have improved considerably by then.
4.Have you ever had to choose between blogging and another profession, if yes, what was your choice, and how did you feel after the decision?
Well, I haven’t had that opportunity but if I did, I would choose my profession and just write as and when I have the inspiration to.
5.How supportive are friends and family to you in this path you have chosen?
My friends have been amazingly supportive, especially Joel Osie Appah who got one of my articles published in the dailies and Yvonne who has been telling countless friends about my blog. For my family, they are supportive as and when they can. Sometimes they even forget I have a blog, lol, but that hasn’t affected me in any way. They are great people and I love them
Well, now that I am done with my questions, I am just going to go ahead and nominate my writers in no particular order.
Ama Bonuah –Thoughts of The Writing Stick
Kweku Ananse Mansoh
Hondred Percent –Poet Rapper
mrtagoe –Food 4 Your Subconsciousness
Tales of a Pimp –These PAGES relay the Pain I’ve felt through the AGES
My questions for my nominees are:
- Do you Google yourself to see if your blog would come up?
- What made you start blogging?
- How do you motivate yourself to keep the blog up and running?
- What would you say that is the greatest satisfaction of being a blogger?
- How do you decide on what blog to follow?
11 Random Facts About Me:
- I count my steps when am walking. I have tried several times but I just can’t stop.
- I love cupcakes.
- I love country music.
- My favorite food is beans and plantain. I came to that realization last week.
- I would pick horror movies over a romantic movie
- I have a nice voice but I am a terrible singer.
- I love lawn tennis.
- I hate crying babies. I just don’ know what to do with them.
- I love art.
- I am the first of seven.
- I haven’t watched a single episode of Game of Thrones.
For all those I have nominated, give a try; give a shot and have fun with it. Big thanks again to African and Proud, I appreciate your love and support.