Funny thing! I went to bed 28 and now I’m 29 Ha!
29 is almost 30! I want to believe that the body ages but the spirit remains the same.
I mean, if you ask me, I feel 12 because the thought of being responsible and paying bills doesn’t still sit right with me.
I just want to be a baby girl, carefree, and dreaming about what I would use all my salaries for once I start working. I guess the joke is on me because that is not what is happening now.
There’s no point in denying aging, it doesn’t work that way. But knowing that doesn’t stop me from feeling like there is a lump in my throat when saying 29! I hope by 30 I would put off this childish charade.
Anyways, I am very excited to have made it to the last year of my Twenties. And I believe I have learnt something along the way worth sharing with you.
29 things I’ve learned by 29.
- You are truly responsible for your own experiences.
2.Laugh more, because life is more beautiful that way!
3. Don’t stress. Even though it’s hard not to, it’s just not worth it.
4. Pray more often and work as hard.
5. Spend as much time as you can with your grandparents and parents. Time is tick-tocking.
6. Cry when you need it. Allow yourself to feel whatever you are feeling.
7. If you are a foodie like me, drink water before eating, it would make you eat less.
8. I have learned not to spend money I don’t have. That is a slippery slope.
9.It’s necessary to have fun and silly moments. The funnier and sillier, the happier memories you would have.
10. When you are in a bad mood, try listening to your favorite songs.
11. Love and appreciate your parents. You never know what sacrifices they had to go through for you.
12. I’ve learned that sometimes you triumph. Sometimes you learn.
13. Your employment is never secure. Have a backup plan.
14. Be kind, everyone is struggling with something, be kind.
15. Fighting back angry never solves a problem, it just escalates and makes it worse.
16. If you want to earn more, you have got to learn more. Don’t stop learning and growing as a person.
17. Always do the right thing – for example, staying home during a pandemic unless the government says otherwise.
18. Not everyone would like me, and I am ok with that
19. There is no place like home.
20. I believe in love love love love!
21. God lives, and He’s loving and forgiving.
22. I no longer wear dresses that make it impossible for me to breathe properly because they are beautiful.
23. Even though I might think I am right, it does not mean I always am.
24. Don’t compare yourself to anyone else. We all have our journeys.
25. Be proud of achievements, huge or tiny. No matter the size, they all demanded determination and an effort to achieve them.
26. Goof around with your siblings. It’s fun.
27. Apologize. No one is perfect. We’ve all done wrong before.
28. True friends understand your past, believes in your future, and accepts you just the way you are.
29. Never be embarrassed about your story. I’m imperfect but that is what makes me beautiful.
So those are 29 things I’ve learned in 29 years. Well not everything, but those I believe stand out. I would love to hear from you in the comments below. Tell me some of the most important life lessons you have learned.
Anyways, I’m so happy you’ve joined me today on my birthday post. This year is going to be good! I can feel it. Cheers to a good life!🥂🥂